Liquid Ice Machine Cleaner
- Formulated for use in all makes and models of ice makers
- Functional in cubers, flakers, drum and tube machines
- Food-grade, USDA-Accepted
Liquid Ice Machine Cleaner is a 75% phosphoric acid of the highest food-grade quality. It is fast acting yet very safe to use and it does not give off any harsh fumes. Because of its 75% phosphoric acid content, it is the most concentrated ice machine cleaner in the market. It has a specific gravity of 1.63 and weighs 13.6 lbs. per gallon. Usage rate is 8 fluid ounces with three gallons of water.
The number one category of problems troubling an ice machine are water-related, and the most frequently is lime scale. As the water is frozen into ice during an ice maker’s cycle, the naturally occurring dissolved minerals in the water . . . some of which can combine to form lime scale . . . remain behind in the unfrozen recirculating ice water simply because water tries to freeze in its pure state. As the cycle continues and more water is made into ice, the minerals over concentrate and eventually precipitate as a lime scale deposit.
As the scale begins to form, it creates a physical obstruction that results in: plugged distribution holes, restricted water flow and eventually the ice maker will hang-up or jam. Ice harvest is reduced and eventually the machine will shut down, requiring service.
This sequence of events can affect both cubers and flakers. Some believe that flakers are free of scale problems since all of the water is made into ice. Not true. Flakers can scale-up as well, jamming the auger and eventually resulting in a broken belt or drive mechanism.
Once the machine is scaled up, it must be cleaned, requiring the use of an acid so that the scale can be dissolved. Obviously, the acid must be effective in order to dissolve the scale but it must also be food grade and equipment-safe.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
|55 gallon drum||4207-01|
|236 ml bottle (Canada)||4834-C7|
|1 gallon bottle||4207-08|
|3.78 liter bottle (Canada)||4834-08|
|8 oz bottle||4207-47|
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE IN ICE MACHINES AND COFFEE BREWERS
- For ice machines, leave pump in operation but turn off refrigeration.
- Drain unit and refill with fresh water.
- Add Ice Machine Cleaner to water in unit. Use about 8 fluid ounces for each 3 gallons of water.
- Allow cleaner to circulate for about 30 minutes. If solution does not contact all scaled surfaces, use a brush to get cleaning solution to those parts. If scale is extra heavy, another dose of cleaner may be necessary. Ice machine drums may be cleaned by adding one cup of cleaner to a glass or plastic container holding 2 quarts of water and brushing the solution on the scaled surfaces.
- After scale has been removed, drain out all water and flush thoroughly with fresh water.
- Rinse out product container and dispose of properly.
- Return machine to service; discard first batch of ice.
NOTE: Do not use on nickel plated or galvanized surfaces; on these surfaces, use Nu-Calgon’s Nickel-Safe Ice Machine Cleaner. Do not mix with chlorine bleach.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
- ICE MACHINE CLEANER, 55 GALLON DRUM
- ICE MACHINE CLEANER 4X1 GALLON CASE
- ICE MACHINE CLEANER 12X13.2 OZ CS
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.